THE MESSAGE FROM CBDCS TO PAYMENTS BANKS IS INNOVATE OR DIE CBDCS PART II (21st July 2021)
A FUTURE OF FINANCE WEBINAR WITH CENTRAL BANKS, BANKS, REGULATORS, TECHNOLOGY COMPANIES AND DIGITAL ASSET INFRASTRUCTURE PARTICIPANTS
Wednesday July 21 2021, 14.00 – 15.00 UK time
Questions to be addressed at the next CBDC discussion
1. Will a wallet-based system replace an account-based system?
2. How can privacy best concerns be addressed?
3. What will the impact of CBDCs be on Stablecoins, crypto-currencies and digital assets more generally?
4. What can be programmed into a CBDC by (a) central banks and (b) private commercial banks?
5. What are the use-cases for a CBDC?
6. How can CBDCs best made inter-operable across national borders?
7. What opportunities do CBDCS create for banks to reinvent themselves?
Will Lovell Head of Future Technology at Bank of England https://www.linkedin.com/in/william-lovell-1b71164…
Jim Cunha SVP at Federal Reserve Bank Boston https://www.linkedin.com/in/jim-cunha-0b772b8/
Simon Gleeson Partner at Clifford Chance https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-gleeson-02a32218…
Ricardo Correia Head of Digital Currencies at R3 https://www.linkedin.com/in/ricardo-correia-0a9b86/
Dominic Hobson Co-Founder at Future of Finance https://www.linkedin.com/in/dominic-hobson-49b8222…
Sponsored by R3
R3 is an enterprise software firm that is pioneering digital industry transformation. With our foundation in enterprise blockchain technology, we power solutions that deliver trust across the financial services industry and beyond.
R3 has been at the forefront of thought leadership around CBDCs and recently brought together over 140 regulators, central banks, commercial banks, exchanges, technology and payments companies to focus on the technology, policy and impact of digital currencies issued by a central bank. This working group has published its research and findings to ignite a wider conversation around the potential features, use cases and strategies for implementing and engaging with digital currency.
Find out more here.
If you would like to participate in the audience please let us know below or contact Wendy Gallagher on the email above