Interview with Daniel Eidan
Daniel Eidan is solutions architect and global CBDC and payments lead at R3, the distributed ledger technology firm. A panellist in our recent webinar on central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), he monitors the rapidly evolving field of CBDCs for R3, which has published a white paper on the subject and formed a CBDC working group. Dominic Hobson asked Daniel about the drivers behind CBDCs, the current state of CBDC development, the different types of CBDC that are emerging and the potential use-cases for CBDCs.
Questions that are being asked
- Central banks are showing a sense of urgency about CBDCs. Why is that?
- How far away are CBDCs – pure theory, proof of concept or go live?
- CBDCs come in many shapes and sizes. How would you categorise them?
- What use cases do you anticipate for CBDCs?
- What is so different about CBDCs that makes them such an important milestone for the economic and financial system as whole?