CENTRAL BANK DIGITAL CURRENCIES PART II (12th January 2021)
A FUTURE OF FINANCE WEBINAR WITH CENTRAL BANKERS, TECHNOLOGY INNOVATORS, BLOCKCHAIN EXPERTS AND BANKS
Tuesday 12 January 2021, 14.00 – 15.00 UK Time
Questions posed from CBDC discussion Part I in July 2020 which will provide the framework for the January 12 discussion:
1. Is a CBDC issued directly to retail consumers, and not via the banking system, a serious near-term or long-term possibility?
2. Which entity (or type of entity) is best placed to resolve how CBDCs will interact with private sector crypto-currencies?
3. Which entity (or type of entity) is best placed to develop the technical standards necessary to enable domestic CBDC systems to inter-operate across national borders?
4. What are the drivers of and obstacles to multi-currency CBDCs?
5. What product and service innovations are CBDCs likely to encourage?
Daniel Eidan Global Solution Architect, Payments and CBDC at R3 https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-eidan/
Keith Bear Fellow at Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance at Cambridge Judge Business School https://www.linkedin.com/in/keith-bear-2b7407/
Simon Chantry Co-Founder and CBDO at BITT https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-chantry-47556013…
Robert Patalano Deputy Head of Division at OECD https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-patalano-cfa-19…
Swen Werner Managing Director, Digital Assets and Markets Development at State Street https://www.linkedin.com/in/swen-werner/
Sebastien Greverie – Independent https://www.linkedin.com/in/greverie/
Moderated by Dominic Hobson Co-Founder at Future of Finance https://www.linkedin.com/in/dominic-hobson-49b8222…
Our Sponsor R3
R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a global ecosystem of more than 350 participants across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, its open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version of Corda for enterprise usage.
R3’s global team of over 300 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from its vibrant ecosystem.
The Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages and executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce. Learn more at www.r3.com and www.corda.net
If you would like to participate as a panellists please contact Wendy Gallagher firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to participate in the audience please let us know below or contact Wendy Gallagher on the email above